Thursday, October 05, 2006

Few Updates

Just a few updates for the Oct/Nov. months.

There is also a race in Charleston SC called the Swamp Sweat. I have done it 2x now and it is worth attending. Date: Nov. 4, 2006 (Saturday) Time: Expert starts at 10am. Distance: 26 miles.

It is actually 26 miles of tight single track and plenty of competition. A lot of the VW team guys race and Justin Fisher who races the Harbison and Cane Creek Races.
Let me know if you are interested. I will be there.
www.mwr.nwschs.navy.mil/special_event1.htm - Joe

The Swank 60K mtb race up in the Pisgah area. Great fall ride. Group Camping avalible - race fee $70 w/ fully stocked rest stops. Anyone interested contact LeRoy for more info. Link to his site is over on toolbar >>>>>>>>>>>>>.

BIG CONGRATS - to Monty
UPDATE to Hobby Park
WOW! The pros / experts 19 -29 class are fast. But I'll Take 7th out of 13 on the 1st try. With hard core winter training maybe I will be competitive.

Lastly the I will be in the World Solo 24hr race down in Ga this weekend. Trying to roll it for the Harrell's/Garmin team. So wish me luck. The plan is to update my blog during the race. This is the plan so check in if your interested, or you have to get up to pee @ 3am.

Toby

2 comments:

hammernails said...

Good Luck Toby, ride steady and stay focused.

ExtrmTao said...

21 Laps! Great Work Toby.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb.php?id=mtb/2006/oct06/24hour_worlds06


I am going to do a long long Pisgah ride this Saturday if anyone is interested.

Peace.