Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cola, Cross and Short Track

Everybody, Anybody, Somebody. . .

Edit:

Meet at Harrell's at 8:00 Saturday morning for a ride at Lynch's.
I will leave a time for Manchester on Sunday later.

I will be in town again this weekend looking for some good rides.

Does anyone know if there are any cross races in Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte area? I want to try this cross sport. I have heard it is painful and I now have the almost right machine for it. . .

Charlotte Short Track: I am wondering what kind of course this is? Can I run my slicks and 32X15 gearing to smash the field? Are there lots of roots or is is mostly rolling?

I am ready for some races!

Peace

5 comments:

spokejunky said...

Full 'cross Carolina schedule:

http://www.nccyclocross.com/

Toby Porter said...

Fat chance on any ricing in the Cola are. We all have to leave town to race. Short Track in harrisburg smooth track w/ banked turns, well groomed track(trail). 32x15 good, I'll be pushing a 36x18or16 not quite sure yet.

ExtrmTao said...

PS,

You have been bitten by too many ticks. The short track doesn't start until next weekend. . .

I am going to hit up Lynch's tomorrow and Manchester Sunday.

ExtrmTao said...

PS,

Wow, I must have smoked crack this morning. I now see what you were talking about.

Crack is not good kids.

Clint said...

Tomato,

The Harrisburg course is pretty much like Toby said. One climb that gets old in a hurry, followed by a corkscrew ride to the bottom, a loop around a grass field, a couple of hairpins, before starting the climb again. You can pass on the climb and on the field, but it's hard to change position once you hit the single-track. The only place you probably need a tire with some dig to it is the field, which can get slick with wet grass. The course drains well, and gets good and tacky after a rain.

I've got a course profile at

http://web.presby.edu/~charshaw/polar/nov11h2race3.png