Tuesday, December 02, 2008

1/04/09 Lake Loop

2009 NYDR

When: 1/04/09

Where: Ballentine DMV

Well How Far: 62 (+/-) miles

What Time: Roll out 10 A.M

Why: Why Not? You've been waiting for like 360(+/-) days. The time is drawing closer with every breath you take. Yeah that's right the annual New Year's Day Lake Loop is coming up. Please remember that this is NOT A RACE so get that ego stuff out of your system before you show up - Thanks! Feel assure this ride will have the Tobias stamp of approval - Dirt. So leave the TT bars and 18c. tires at home. Bring your sack of smiles and be ready to start the new year off 3 days late. This is and will be a winter group ride. For the returning riders from past years the highlights will include some County Line Sign Sprints, One stop at the Traffic Circle and at least one section of dirt. I will post up the route here in a few days for those who would like to print themselves a cue sheet.

Happy Holidays
Toby

10 comments:

spokejunky said...

Why don't we run the route this year?

I'm all for some dirt. Bring it. I'll be sporting my new vehicle up there along with my new set of panty liners.

Jason said...

Are you trying to fool us all with html trickery? The mileage is black text on a black background Herr Porter?

Should I reinstall the granny on my triple?

Jamie said...

The last time I talked to Porter, he said the "+" was the surprise 44 more miles he is going to add on to the route. Right?

Hey Brian, I'm bringing the pimp socks too! Will you ride beside me? I can bring a pair for you too...but they might be more like leg-warmers on you.

spokejunky said...

Another missed ride. I'll be making my way back from Mars Hill that day. Doing the new baby tour of the southeast.

Nick said...

I'd like to join in on this one but I can't promise no aerobars.
Okay fine, I'll ride a road bike if that will get me across the dirt. But I'm not going any wider than 22mm!!

Toby Porter said...

nick that's a deal, those tires will be fine just keep the psi under 180.

Jamie said...

Toby, can you make us up a 'Belgium' water bottle concoction?

...those crazy Belgians!

Toby Porter said...

Hey J how about a redneck bottle

Jamie said...

Heck yea bo!

I mean, come on, it's the "Champagne of Beers" for God's sake...why wouldn't you toast a new year's day ride to that! Was there ever really any other choice?

Annie Hall said...

Hey guys, Toby S. and I are working with Paul and USAC to make this our offically sanctioned ride for the year. We'll all get credit for this deal, and we'll have an official club next year! With that in mind, let's plan to make time to allow everyone to sign waivers before we begin. (There doesn't have to be a registration fee, though - so it's still free and open to the public.)