Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Years Day Lake Loop

Update - 1/1/07 9:30am Location Ballentine DMV, Try to get rolling by 9:45 at the latest. Toby



My oh my how the time has flown by. It's now closing in on another "New Years Day Lake Loop". The requests are starting to come in daily. This will be something like 5 or so years since I first started to organize it. The mileage has changed every few years, but the cycling folks I call friends keep coming out. I'm not sure if it is to get a last big ride of the year or to ring in the new year on two wheels. What ever your reason I'm sure you have one. So I guess we will start the roll call now t-minus 13 days.

I've been pondering the the thoughts of a reverse loop this year. Another suggestion is mileage. Bare bones minimum 55ish miles to complete the loop. This will include some heavier traffic at times. Hopefully a 55-60 mile loop there would be no need for a sag. It's a winter training ride - so pack your extra bottle of HEED, Accelerade, Gatorade or Jack and haul it around the lake. This will be self supported for the most part. We could hit a store but don't count on it.

8 comments:

jpelton said...

I'm in! Be easy on me, it will be my virgin ride.

Clint said...

I'm there for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm down. Look out for the Polar Bear metric up in Davidson, NC January 13th. I'll see if any of the other LCVW'ers or other Charleston bike riders want to come up.

http://www.rockyriverroadclub.org/pbmc_banner.htm

Anonymous said...

Last year's ride was great! As long as it's 3+ hours, I'm in. Lots of folks from downtown have been wondering...

hammernails said...

I'm in also! Nothing like celebrating your 30th b-day with a bunch of friends on bicycles. That's right 01/01/77.

hammernails said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hammernails said...

One other thing here is a site I use to plan road rides with in case you guys have not seen this one yet! It will even give you an elevation graph.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

ExtrmTao said...

Oh sure, nobody wants to go on rides in the woods but they will follow Mr. Porter around on the deadly streets of Cola.

I'd rather have an Oatmeal Porter on my couch.

8-)