Monday, April 30, 2007

Lynch's Woods Volunteer Day - Sunday May 13??

Hi folks:

Can we all check our calendars to see about getting together early on Sunday, May 13 at Lynch's Woods for a volunteer trail maintenance day? I've got an 18" bar chain saw, loppers, shovels, leaf blower, hedge trimmer.

I worked yesterday getting the latest trees out of the way, and all is clear timber-wise, except for one log that I can't remember where the darn thing is.

Probably the biggest thing needed is the new vegetation is closing in over the trail and it needs some discrete cutting back. The limbo log on the first trail after the prologue is going to take a bigger saw than what I've got.

I can supply a cookout and refreshing beverages for everybody too.

Clint
Check the date fellows don't forget about yo momma

5 comments:

ExtrmTao said...

Clint, I should be in town that weekend. Let's do the work early and then plan on riding afterwards.

I must be on the "lucky" side of Poison Ivy these days. As a child if I were in the same state as it, I would get it.

If we decide on a firm time, I will post up on MTBR to see if we can't get some extra hands to help.

Peace

Clint said...

I think the earlier the better for getting the work done for two reasons: a) the temperatures are going to be lower, and b) less chance of running into somebody to get angry with us.

Toby Porter said...

Clint that is Mother's Day

Jamie said...

Yea, and for that reason is why I'll be on lock-down that day. I've already told the guys that I couldn't make it for the Caesar's Head training ride on that day...I think we are trying to move it to Saturday if that's alright with the USCF.

Clint said...

Forgot all about it being Mothers Day. Let's try this one again: See if May 19 or 20 is open for you guys.

Clint